Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index Woodiepedia CCI Trading University
Woodies CCI Club Bulletin Board & Encyclopedia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Woodies CCI Stats Workbook Available Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Woodies CCI Stats Workbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The updated Version2.3 is now available.
Go to the first post in this thread to download.
z3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: RE: tracking values on the DAX Reply with quote

the exchange rate from euros to USDollars is in a constant state of change - brokers usually post a conversion value for each day in the trader's daily statement - while there is a way to enter a conv value for each day in the spreadsheet, it would have to be modified every trading day.
zenwalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello stuh,

I entered the first trade of the day in NQ but i get a wrong result. Trade hit T1 and went back to be+1. It is shown as a winner but the $ result is wrong should be 39$. I attached a screenshot.

Thanks in advance.
ianh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenwalk: you need to set the values for T1 through T5 and the T1 & stop on line 10 on the week 1 sheet. That should fix it!
doh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New Woodies CCI Stats Workbook Available Here Reply with quote

[quote="stuh"]Available to all members for free Download.

Rewritten with extra features to track Range Bar trades on the Russell, YM, Nasdaq, ES & Dax.

New Features Include:
- Track up to 30 Trades per day using automatic expansion/contraction worksheets.
- Record Entry & Exit time for trade time Analysis
- Record trades that trigger at the "Wrong" end of the bar, Including Monthly Analysis
- Built-In Switcher with Signal on whether to take the next trade.

NOTE: To make use of the new features this workbook has, you must ENABLE macros and also set Excel to "Manual Calculation".

Version 2.2 - Updates
- Personal Notes Section Added
- Drawdown and Peak will Display Zero Values Providing you have this option enable in excel.
- Bug fix that would not let you change the 1st Target and Rollover Target on weeks 3,4 & 5

Version 2.3a - Updates
- Ability to carry forward the your equity chart from the previous month
- Ability to add 2 Patterns of your own currently not in the Standard Patterns
- FIXED - Incorrect Figures given when you hit 1st Target but exited for a loss (e.g. when you get a slip on exit)
- Addition of Tracking facility for GOLD and ability to change symbols to track any other stock/option/bond etc.
- Extra Comments added under Week1 Monday to better explain exit figures[/quote][quote][/quote]
zenwalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ian,

I changed the targets as you suggested but it did not solve the problem I attached a screenshot. When I raise the peak to 1884,75(11 ticks) the result is ok.

Thank you in advance.
ianh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenwalk: The shhet needs a value of 11 ticks (T1+1) to be sure that you got the first contract off because in real trading a trade going through at your price does not guarantee you would have got a fill. Only when there are no contracts left at your T1 price and the next tick price trades are you sure that you would be out of your first position.
Also, have you got the commission set correctly? The amount should be per contract, per trade, so $2.40 is the rate for 1 contract in, and another $2.40 to get out.
Also, set cell AC10 Target to your T1 (2.5)
zenwalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ian/Stu,

where and what to enter to continue previous month's equity chart?

Thanks in advance.
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ian/Stu,
I have download new version of Woodies_CCI_StatsWks_v2.3a.
Monthly summary sheet (YM)does not include custom pattern ( C1,C2) in calculation.
Pattern missing in calculation
# of Winning vs Losing Trades per Pattern
Trend Patterns
Trend Changing Patterns
# of Winning/Losing Trades by Day of Week

And also many filed show #### instead of total number( Microsoft excel 2007).

Could you guide us on this issue?

Thank u for great work.

Ash
stuh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ash"]Hello Ian/Stu,
I have download new version of Woodies_CCI_StatsWks_v2.3a.
Monthly summary sheet (YM)does not include custom pattern ( C1,C2) in calculation.
Pattern missing in calculation
# of Winning vs Losing Trades per Pattern
Trend Patterns
Trend Changing Patterns
# of Winning/Losing Trades by Day of Week

And also many filed show #### instead of total number( Microsoft excel 2007).

Could you guide us on this issue?

Thank u for great work.

Ash[/quote]

Ash, thanks for your post and well spotted ! I see what you mean. I have modified the totals summaries to correct this, but i will have a modify some of the code to determine whether the custom pattern is Trend or Trend Changing then it can go into the specified summary.
I will include this in a New version 2.3b, out later this week

Stu
DonR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Not understanding results?? Reply with quote

Still not understanding what is happening with my stats results.
On the .PPT file attached, you can see on lines 53 and 90 two short trades where the first contract reached the preset target and the second contract was subsequently sold at an managed exit that produced a loss.
However, in both cases Exit 1 on "S53" and "S90" show a loss equal to my first target

What am I missing??

Thx

Don
stuh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Not understanding results?? Reply with quote

[quote="DonR"]Still not understanding what is happening with my stats results.
On the .PPT file attached, you can see on lines 53 and 90 two short trades where the first contract reached the preset target and the second contract was subsequently sold at an managed exit that produced a loss.
However, in both cases Exit 1 on "S53" and "S90" show a loss equal to my first target

What am I missing??

Thx

Don[/quote]

The New Version, available now on page 1 of this topic has fixed this error

Stuh
Tim P

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Thanks Stu!!! Reply with quote

Just downloaded the newest version. Thanks again!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
newtrader1

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

Thanks for great stats sheet. Just wanted to check something on the monthly tab if you change the number of contracts from 10 to a different number.

e.g. If I have one trade in the stat sheet that gives a 10 tick target and be+1 the monthly summary for 2 contracts shows a profit of $100.40 which is correct. If I then change cell PQ70 to 3 contracts it shows profit as $150.60. How is this being calculated as it seems that is is calculating one of at 10 ticks, 1 of at 5 ticks and the last one of at be+1

I would appreciate if you could help explaining this

Thanks

Newtrader
arefi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: stat with 3 or more lots Reply with quote

hi Stuh

how do I enter data with 3 or more lots please.

thank you
Case
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Woodies CCI Stats Workbook All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: