Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index Woodiepedia CCI Trading University
Woodies CCI Club Bulletin Board & Encyclopedia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Woodies CCI Stats Workbook Available Here
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Woodies CCI Stats Workbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: New Woodies CCI Stats Workbook Available Here Reply with quote

Available to all members for free Download.

Rewritten with extra features to track Range Bar trades on the Russell, YM, Nasdaq, ES & Dax.

New Features Include:
- Track up to 30 Trades per day using automatic expansion/contraction worksheets.
- Record Entry & Exit time for trade time Analysis
- Record trades that trigger at the "Wrong" end of the bar, Including Monthly Analysis
- Built-In Switcher with Signal on whether to take the next trade.

NOTE: To make use of the new features this workbook has, you must ENABLE macros and also set Excel to "Manual Calculation".

Version 2.2 - Updates
- Personal Notes Section Added
- Drawdown and Peak will Display Zero Values Providing you have this option enable in excel.
- Bug fix that would not let you change the 1st Target and Rollover Target on weeks 3,4 & 5

Version 2.3a - Updates
- Ability to carry forward the your equity chart from the previous month
- Ability to add 2 Patterns of your own currently not in the Standard Patterns
- FIXED - Incorrect Figures given when you hit 1st Target but exited for a loss (e.g. when you get a slip on exit)
- Addition of Tracking facility for GOLD and ability to change symbols to track any other stock/option/bond etc.
- Extra Comments added under Week1 Monday to better explain exit figures

Version 2.3b - Bug Fixes
- FIXED Incorrect Figures given when you hit 1st Target but exited for a loss (e.g. when you get a slip on exit) on Weeks 3, 4 & 5
- FIXED Missing values for Custom Patterns in Monthly Summary
- Added extra comments to every day of the week explaining totals
- Added custom patterns to there own Trend/Trend Changing section in the Monthly Summary

Last edited by stuh on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:41 pm; edited 12 times in total
banzi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Dax in the new worksheet Reply with quote

Good job on the new workbook but I have a question. I trade the Dax the sum total point value on your worksheet is correct but the dollar value seems to incorrect as of today by my calculations 1 Dax point is equal to around $38.00 USD or $19.00 tick USD.I am not that proficient on Excel is there a way to adjust the tick values and the commission value?I would appreciate your help.
Thanks banzi
stuh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Dax in the new worksheet Reply with quote

Banzi, i have added a New Version of the Spreadsheet (Ver 2.1) available for Download. This should solve the issue you have

On sheet "Week1", you can now select the currency amount that represents 1 Point in each of the available symbols.
Midas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu How do you expand the tables to take more than 10 trades?

Thanks for your hard work.
pepe_21_69

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: need help setting up wrksheet Reply with quote

Hey grt work... I only have 3 simple questions...
1. How do you set excel to "manuel calculations"??
2. I enables macros and the spreadsheet doesnt calculate the data. Any suggestions?
3. F / A - For & against ??? Is this how we mark the trade as a top of bar trade on a short setup (would that be the A for against)??

Thanks again for everything you do to help out traders...
Love your daily stats too... use then everyday & making me a better trader!! :D
pepe_21_69

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update my previous post... I found the auto calculate on excel and F9 makes it calculate so Q's 1 & 2 taken careoff.
Still want clarity on Q's 3 & have I thing to ask....

Is there a place where we can take notes on each trade?? Similar to tcboone's... can that be added if thats not too much trouble. I just like to track what I was thinking, what I did wrong, and how I can improve.

thanx again :)
stuh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Midas"]Hi Stu How do you expand the tables to take more than 10 trades?

Thanks for your hard work.[/quote]

Midas, the tables will expand automatically once you have entered and calculated the 10th trade.
Make sure you have Macros enabled for the sheet, it will also run better if you have Manual Calculation Turn on.

NOTE: With Manual Calculation, press F9 to do the Calculations
stuh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: need help setting up wrksheet Reply with quote

[quote="pepe_21_69"]Hey grt work... I only have 3 simple questions...
2. I enables macros and the spreadsheet doesnt calculate the data. Any suggestions?
3. F / A - For & against ??? Is this how we mark the trade as a top of bar trade on a short setup (would that be the A for against)??

Love your daily stats too... use then everyday & making me a better trader!! :D[/quote]

Pepe, Glad you got the Manual Calculations sorted out
Yes, F and A mean FOR and AGAINST and they are for signalling Trades at the Top and Bottom of the Bar

Examples:
Long Signal that triggers at Bar TOP = FOR
Long Signal that triggers at Bar BOTTOM = AGAINST
Short Signal that triggers at Bar TOP = AGAINST
Short Signal that triggers at Bar BOTTOM = FOR

P.S. The Notes Addition is a Planned Additon due out in a couple of days
khoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks stuh for the work on the new stats workbook, much appreciated from all of us CCI'ers.

Got some questions on it, using v2.1(soory for so many questions)

1)you mentioned

'On sheet "Week1", you can now select the currency amount that represents 1 Point in each of the available symbols.'

are you referring to column AK cells 1-5?

2)everytime I open the excel workbook, it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros. Is there a way to set it to permanently accept the macros?

3)column AJ and AK, cells 1-5, would it be possible to give at least 1 more blank line so that the user can input whatever contract and 1 point value of choice?..this is with respect to those of us that trades non USA and non europe index contracts

4)one has to enter each day's date individually? (unlike TCbone's workbook where you enter the 1st date and the rest fills in automatically)
typing daily number,number,dash,number,number,dash,number,number is rather tedious daily, possilbe to let it autofill and/or shorten the dates without the dashes?

5)when i fill in the time as 1201am ie 0001, it comes out as 00:10, is that a bug?..this is to cater to those trading non USA hours.

6)HOw is AJ 48 calculated in week 2 in your example workbook? My guess
is AJ46/AJ47, but in the example 3.2/6.8 is no 0:1.

7)10 MA equity sheet, L5 and L6 have the same 'switched equity' yet N5 and N6 are different values, a bug? N4 does not seem to be equal to N5+N6

8) any plans to do P&L stats based on time of day of each pattern(like in tcboone's TSW)?

thank you for your reply.
mini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: take the next trade - tool Reply with quote

@ stuh!

thats really great stuff this worsheet. if i had this earlier i would saved a lot of money when using the equity curve with the moving average.

1 question, could you take out the "take the next trade" tool in a extra excel where i can put in by hand the p/l per trade and so i can look for the curve for many month becaus every month a new stat sheet allows me not to look to a long timeframe.

thanks for u great work

mini
newtrader1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: DD number displayed Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

Thanks for all the great new stats sheet. I have noticed that if you have no drawdown on a trade the stats sheet just leaves the cell blank. Can you change to make it show the value zero instead

Thanks again

newtrader
stuh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: take the next trade - tool Reply with quote

Mini - I have already planned to add this to a forthcoming upgrade shortly. You will then be able to continue the equity curve from your previous month, (all you will have to do it put in the p&L from the previous 10 trades of last month)

newtrader1 - since i was doing an upgrade this morning, i have added this feature. For Drawdown and Peak if the value is zero it WILL display a zero, PROVIDING you have set your version of excel to display ZERO VALUES. You should be able to change this, if not let me know. Download the latest version v2.2
pepe_21_69

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: need help setting up wrksheet Reply with quote

[quote="stuh"][quote="pepe_21_69"]Hey grt work... I only have 3 simple questions...

Love your daily stats too... use then everyday & making me a better trader!! :D[/quote]

Pepe, Glad you got the Manual Calculations sorted out
Yes, F and A mean FOR and AGAINST and they are for signalling Trades at the Top and Bottom of the Bar

Examples:
Long Signal that triggers at Bar TOP = FOR
Long Signal that triggers at Bar BOTTOM = AGAINST
Short Signal that triggers at Bar TOP = AGAINST
Short Signal that triggers at Bar BOTTOM = FOR

P.S. The Notes Addition is a Planned Additon due out in a couple of days[/quote]

Hey Stuh,

I just downloaded the revised stat template with the notes section. Thanx for all your hard work.

Good trading everyone...
zenwalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Stu,

I want to take stats on the NQ with your stats sheet v2.2 but there is an error occuring. When I enter the sample trade the calculation of DrawD and Peak is wrong. I attached a screenshot. DrawD with that trade should be 4 and Peak must be 16 and the $ result should be 89 as I reached T1 and was stopped out be+1 with commission of 4$ per contract and halfturn.

Thanks in advance.
newtrader1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu,

Just downloaded v2.2 but the rolling targets under weeks 2,3,4 & 5 are still protected

Cheers

Newtrader
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Woodies CCI Stats Workbook All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: