Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index Woodiepedia CCI Trading University
Woodies CCI Club Bulletin Board & Encyclopedia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using the Forex market to swing trade currency futures

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Marc S. Marks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msolferino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Using the Forex market to swing trade currency futures Reply with quote

I have been swing trading the Forex market for a couple of months now as I have been to busy to trade during the day. I have noticed a nice correlation between daily patterns in the Forex market and nice intraday swings on smaller time frames in the currency futures market.

I would like to start a thread that shows charts and give ideas on this method. I will get the ball rolling with a swing trade on the pound today.

Here is a classic Famir in play on the British Pound daily Forex chart.

Last edited by msolferino on Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
msolferino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next look for a valid set up on a smaller time frame for an entry. I found a gb100 on the 3 min chart this morning. I liked this one because CCI had come from extremes to form the gb100.

Remember this is a swing trade so a larger stop must be used.
msolferino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you must manage the trade with a larger time frame, I used a combination of the 15 minute and 30 minute. I did not want to hold over night so I would of exit at the end of the day anyway, however there was also a trend line break on the 30 minute that occured prior to the market closing so I used that for an exit.

If the trend is strong the CCI will provide another entry next week.
msolferino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Diver on cash daily British Pound Reply with quote

Here is another example of using the cash daily for setups and then looking for a swing entry for a futures trade. I saw this diver on the British Pound cash daily chart. Then searched for an entry using various time frames on the futures side. This 9 min chart gave a perfect entry. Now we will see if there is any follow through.
msolferino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: pound exit Reply with quote

I tightened my stop up to below the recent swing low from the highs and got stopped out on the TLB.
Chad310

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: HeHeHe Reply with quote

[quote:c21da71083="msolferino"] Now we will see if there is any follow through.[/quote:c21da71083]

it's total nonsense.
msolferino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's nonsense abou it?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Marc S. Marks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: