Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index Woodiepedia CCI Trading University
Woodies CCI Club Bulletin Board & Encyclopedia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stocks Only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Stock room info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBzDan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Stocks Only Reply with quote

Hello,

Reviewing the topics in the forum, I noticed that most of the discussions are focussed on trading furtures, options, forex. Very little on stocks, even on the existing "Stocs room info" thread.

Perhaps trading stocks is out of fashion, but there still are some of us that position, swing or daytade stocks. Thus, I decided to open a new thread deticated[b] only[/b] to stock trading.

Some item for discussions could be:
* Woodies set-up for position, swing and daytrading. including time frames for each, Woodie's CCI parameters for each (including CCI and TurboCCI, and all the paterns, etc.)
* time bars vs. range bars and how to do it in various graphing software packages and data retrival
* strategies, back-testing, analysis of them, results of experience with them
* autotrading
* examples of successful and less sucesseful set-ups,
* etc.

Myself, I'm on Interactive Brokers and use Ninja Trader with DesertSoft as the graphics package, and respectively the DSWCCIPattern Recognition and CCI indicators from there. Currently, I do more swing and position trading, little daytrading.

I use:
* CCI=20 for swing and position trrading, and 14 for daytrading
* TurboCCI=6
* time bars = 2 min for daytrading, 15 min for swing trading and day for position.
* side winder = 30 for intraday and 60 for swing and position
* Zero line Least Square Mooving Average (LSMA)= 25
* I do not use (yet) the the information in the panel, don't know how for stocks trading.

Success: so and so.

I would be very much interested in finding out what are Wooodie's set up recommendations for intraday, swing and position trading, if time bars are are prefered or the range bars, what other traders are using and what are their comments/results.

Is there a chat "room" dedicated to stocks?

Dan

there is a stock chat room with a few people in it, i post some of my trades there as well i show stock pairs charts we day trade
kaar411

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
would be interested in trying to get the stock chat room up and rolling.

Earl
BBzDan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here are the first 2 questions I try to clarify:

1) use time bars or range bars for intraday and short time (max 10 days) swing trading?
2) when using range bars, how does one select the value (number of price increments) of the range bars for different stocks? On what criteria?
pauli

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

BBzDan,

Woodie gives us some recommendations for range bar settings for different markets.

This free gift is a good point to start and to collect your own data to see what setting is best for you.

Plz use the search function of this forum.

Also look here:
nonewww.woodiescciclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=67

pauli
BBzDan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Pauli,

I guess one has to run some stats and get his optimum range bars set-up for each stock he follows. Myself, as a starting point, I try to get a reasonable no of bars for the trading day. Then see how it goes. For example, for SNDK I am trying R6. It works so-and-so.

Anyone has any other ideas, information, etc.?
Nicker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBzDan wrote, in part:
[[i]quote]OK, here are the first 2 questions I try to clarify:

1) use time bars or range bars for intraday and short time (max 10 days) swing trading?
2) when using range bars, how does one select the value (number of price increments) of the range bars for different stocks? On what criteria?[/[/i]quote]

BBzDan,

Perhaps the most important in answering those questions are your personal money management plans, and your personal stats on risk/reward for any given time/range-frame. For goodness sake, do not trade a time/range-frame so big that you cannot afford the correct stop-size if several trades in a row are losses, which, statistically, is very probable over a year.

Secondarily, One consideration which addresses both of your questions is what pattern you decide to trade. CCI on faster time frames or smaller range bars will cross the zeroline much more often than slower timeframes/bigger rangebars. So, for example, if you decided to trade only ZLR's, then you would want a time/range-frame that would give you the best ZLR signals, the best bounces off the ZL. Alternatively, As you know, each stock has a swing-size personality that you can determine rather quickly looking at weekly, daily, 60 min and 15 min charts, for example. Then you could choose a time/range frame that gave you the best patterns for that typical swing-size. Make sure you know how to stay out of flats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Stock room info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: