Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index Woodiepedia CCI Trading University
Woodies CCI Club Bulletin Board & Encyclopedia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for preparing to become a Moderator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> New Member Road Map
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for preparing to become a Moderator Reply with quote

Hello All!

Thanks to Woodie, Tony UK, Pfg Neil and all of the moderators(past and present) for making Woodie's CCI Club what it is today. We have had many ask what they need to do to join the "Traders helping traders" motto so I will try to list what I feel is needed to become a moderator.

First, be very familiar with the basic document which explains Woodie's CCI and keep it at your fingertips in case you need to refer to it. The newest document, updated for range bars, is from Oct 1, 2009. Get it:
nonewww.pfgkelly.com/woodies_contact.asp

Second, be in the room as often as you can, spending at least a few months around getting to understand the room flow and how moderators conduct the room. All of us moderators have a different style but no one person has it just right(except Woodie of course!). One has to find what works for himself or herself. Screentime is very important for all of us traders.

Third, assume that you will make mistakes and people may disagree with you. This is okay...no one is perfect and not everyone will agree with everything you say or do. There are usually other moderators around to help you if you have questions.

Fourth get to know the basic room plans. Some individuals might have plans that differ from the basic room plan. It is okay to have a different plan for yourself but Woodie asks us to stick to the basic room plans for educational purposes. We presently follow 4 range bar charts. The tf, gc, cl and 6e. After 12:30pm or so we stop looking at the gold, after 2:30 we stop looking at the Crude oil, after 3pm we stop looking at the 6e. Some may stop watching the 6e or one of the others sooner....whatever works for you is fine. Woodie tells us we can trade the tf until 3:30pm which means no new trades after 3:30pm. If in a trade one can trade/follow it until 4pm if in your plan.

Lastly, be prepared to have fun and learn. Some moderators have it in their plan to not trade while moderating. Others do trade but attempt to keep their trading from interrupting the room too much. As a new moderator I think I learned the Woodie's CCI better(betterer?) every day for many months. If you would like to join the ranks of us moderators just let us know in the room and someone will contact you with all you need to know. You will get instructions from Doug Oh, Johnny O and myself to help you get started.

all the best, Tim P.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> New Member Road Map All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: