Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index Woodiepedia CCI Trading University
Woodies CCI Club Bulletin Board & Encyclopedia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where I'm At

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Clints Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clint_tx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Where I'm At Reply with quote

Hi Folks, I have a few things I wanted to share. We finished our cotton ginning season about the middle of January and even though the gin had a record year...we actually made less money due to additional labor costs and, most significantly, added fuel costs. In light of that, I obviously need to increase my income from other sources this year to offset that. As I’m sure most of you are aware, I’ve been a part of Woodie’s CCI Club a long time. I have listened and learned from Woodie’s training. I have worked diligently on developing a system to keep proper stats. I have tweaked my trading style. I have put in tremendous time and effort to become “successful” at trading. But, what I am sad to say, even though I understand Woodie’s system really well, I have found that I am not disciplined enough to trade it successfully. So, at this time I'm going to decline the invitation to moderate in the future and pursue some other endeavors that are working really well for me now...one of which is my Pre-Paid Legal Services business that many of you were able to see a glimpse of at the Las Vegas TAL.
Wish you well...
Clint
khoon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update, do take care in your future ventures
TrinTIck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Clint.....that is pretty discouraging news..... Reply with quote

Clint:

I am really discouraged now. I thought you were doing well? Woodie has been doing this for years and he says it works. I have been trying to follow the rules of the game to make this work. What have been the problems you are dealing with. Is it just following the rules?

TrinTick
Ed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint, ever been looking for a street in a new neighborhood and think that you've passed it? When this happens I have a rule that says to go 6 more blocks before turning back. Nearly always, the street comes up after I silence the doubt and stick to the program.

The January Stats result from the consistent application of the BASIC Woodies CCI system. Does Ian post trades that don't meet written criteria, or leave out losers that should have been taken? I seriously doubt it, he even answers questions from the chat room to clarify any perceived issues. If you don't understand any of the calls, ask Ian, he doesn't just pull those trades out of a hat.

$13K on 2 contracts not enough inspiration...that's a good one.

If you haven't committed to just 6 weeks of Absolutely Strictly BASIC WCCI sim-trading, tracking both your Trades and your Errors, then you haven't finished yet! If you have, post your stats, and analyze them. After a certain point you learn more from your trading error log than from your stats anyway. (Been getting un-Basic? That's broken many a "trader")

Too close to turn back now...silence the doubt and stick to the program.

See you 9:15 est, WCCI BASIC room, don't be late. :wink:
TrinTIck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: ED....Thanks for the stats....its encouraging Reply with quote

ED...I appreciate the stats....it is encouraging to know that trading can be porfitable if you follow the rules.

TrinTick
Trade Viper

Location: The Palacial Viper Estate and Ranch in Rural Wake County NC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint, hello. In your ag buisness do you hedge your actuals, if you don't you may want to look into it, this can offset your higher fuel and labor costs.

The Ever Helpful VIPER :idea:
JimG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint,

Best of luck in all your endeavors. You are a quality individual that have helped so many in so many ways. You were my first 'real person' contact at WoodiesCCIclub when you personaly e-mailed me to help me get my old Sierra Charts set up correctly - I knew then that this was a special place with special people. Thank you!

JimG
TrinTIck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Clint ...good luck in the future..... Reply with quote

Clint:

I know that discipline is tough to master. We all have been there. Hope all works out with you in the future. The CCI is still the best way to find the Pulse Line of the market. It definitely gives you the right Trigger if you follow the rules.

Good luck,

TrinTick
joromero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Viper, I am trying to get the NeoTicker version of Woodies Panels. I have tried to reach David K, but so far I have been unsuccessful. I also live in Wake County, NC. I am in Cary.
If anyone else knows of a place to access or a person to contact for this, please respond.

TIA

John

[quote="Trade Viper"]Clint, hello. In your ag buisness do you hedge your actuals, if you don't you may want to look into it, this can offset your higher fuel and labor costs.

The Ever Helpful VIPER :idea:[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Woodiepedia CCI Trading University Forum Index -> Clints Collection All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: